World Frog Day!!
Somehow we missed World Frog Day yesterday, so we’re celebrating this amazing amphibians today! Frogs come in all colors and sizes. Let’s tell you why we love frogs!
- Frogs are amphibians
- They live on all continents except Antarctica.
- The Goliath Frog is the larges species of frog in the world.
- Wood frogs can “freeze” solid and survive the winter.
- The Golden Dart Frog is the most toxic frog in the world.
- Bullfrog tadpoles are toxic.
- Frogs are cold blooded.
- There are about 4,900 species of frogs in the world.
- A group of frogs is called an army. A group of toads is called a knot.
- Frogs do have ears! They are located right behind their eyes.
- Frogs have been around for 200 million years.
Last year we interviewed a frog scientist from the Atlanta Botanical Gardens! Read that interview here! Tell us what you love about frogs!