We are meeting a little frog that calls Lake Salamander. These little frogs sing their songs at night while we’re sitting by the lake. Luckily one little peeper hopped by to talk to us about spring peeper frogs.
Spring Peeper Fun Facts:
- My calls usher in spring across the Eastern United States.
- I am a member of a group of frogs known as chorus frogs.
- I have pads on my toes that help me grip to surfaces.
- Those pads help make me an excellent climber!
- Like all frogs, I am a carnivore.
- I like to winter in Florida, hahaha! Just kidding, I hide under piles of leaves and logs.
- In the winter, I allow my body to freeze! Yep, bet you can’t do that!
- I have a lovely X shaped pattern on my back.
- You can hear our lovely chorus here!
I am one shy frog and you won’t see me out during the day! But if you’re sitting outside listen for us and our lovely songs of spring!