FEATHERY FRIDAY# 31
We’re going down under again to meet a very special member of the cockatoo family! These bright birds are a fun shade of pink and who doesn’t love pink? Are you ready to meet this beauty? Let’s go mate!
MEET THE GALAH!
Diet: Omnivore: seeds, grasses, fruits, nuts, insects
Length/Weight: 14”/ 300-400 grams
Conservation Status: Common
- Galahs are the most widespread and numerous member of the cockatoo family.
- They have a short pink crest with a pink front and gray feathers on the wings, back and rear end.
- Galahs are intelligent.
- They are very noisy and gregarious.
- Galahs form loose groups or flocks.
- Galahs eat in those loose flocks and one bird watches for predators.
Galahs are so pretty and funny! They are very noisy too! Check out their call! Their bright pink feathers are just fantastic! These birds do make good pets, but just like other birds, they require lots of attention and maintenance, so do your homework before you decided to get one J!