Craft Day- Clay Butterflies!
We’re in the craft cabin today and we’re making clay butterflies! Does everyone have a seat and their supplies?
- Butterfly pattern
- Exacto knife
- Oven baked clay in multiple colors
- Parchment paper
- Rolling pin
- Cut out patterns.
- Warm up the clay with your hands or hooves.
- Roll out your clay with the rolling pin on parchment paper.
- Place your butterfly on the clay and cut around it. Be careful with the exacto- ask an adult for help if you need too.
- Use the other clay colors to decorate your butterfly. Make sure you press these into your butterfly or they can fall off.
- If you are going to hang your butterfly, use a chopstick to poke a small hole.
- Bake your butterflies at 275 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Add magnets or string to your butterflies so they can fly all over!
As always- show us your work campers! Post to Instagram and tag us! Post to our Facebook wall or tweet us! Woohoo!