Craft Day- Turtle Magnets
Happy Craft Day! We’re making little wood turtle magnets out of wood! Hehehe! Come join us in the craft tent!
Wood circles of different sizes
1)Color all your circles- (you need 1 large & 5 smaller ones for feet & head)
2)Glue the circles together to make a turtle
3) Glue on magnet
There is your wood turtle! Make him whatever color you like! Add glitter! Jazz him up!
Categories: adventure, Animals, camp, Children, conservation, crafts, education, endangered species, Environment, nature, science, Today's Post, turtles, wildlife
Tags: animals, art, crafts, envrionment, nature, science, summer camp, turtles, wildlife
Craft Day- Clay Butterflies!
We’re in the craft cabin today and we’re making clay butterflies! Does everyone have a seat and their supplies?
- Butterfly pattern
- Exacto knife
- Oven baked clay in multiple colors
- Parchment paper
- Rolling pin
- Warm up the clay with your hands or hooves.
- Roll out your clay with the rolling pin on parchment paper.
- Place your butterfly on the clay and cut around it. Be careful with the exacto- ask an adult for help if you need too.
- Use the other clay colors to decorate your butterfly. Make sure you press these into your butterfly or they can fall off.
- If you are going to hang your butterfly, use a chopstick to poke a small hole.
- Bake your butterflies at 275 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Add magnets or string to your butterflies so they can fly all over!
As always- show us your work campers! Post to Instagram and tag us! Post to our Facebook wall or tweet us! Woohoo!
Categories: adventure, Animals, butterflies, camp, Children, conservation, crafts, education, Environment, nature, science, Today's Post, wildlife
Tags: animals, art, children, conservation, crafts, education, envrionment, nature, summer camp, wildlife
Get your ink pads, sketch pads and fingers (or hooves or paws) ready for this month’s craft.
We’re making fingerprint fall scenes!
- Ink pads in various colors (we found ones for $1 at Michael’s)
- Markers, crayons or colored pencils
1) Draw out a tree (or whatever base makes you happy)
2) Cover your tree in fall colored leaf finger prints (this is the fun part)
3) Add finger prints for animals and use your markers to add faces, feathers & tails.
Remember, we want to see your creations! Post them here or on our Facebook or Tweet us!
Categories: Animals, Children, crafts, Environment, nature, wildlife
Tags: animals, art, children, crafts, nature, wildlife