Scoop on the Poop!
That’s right folks you read the headline right, we’re talking poop today! We took a field trip one of our most favorite places, Fernbank Museum of Natural History. We went to check out their new exhibit “Scoop on the Poop” that opens Saturday May 26th. We had such fun learning all kinds of fun poop facts! We giggled, we cringed and we were amazed! Be prepared to the same with 10 Great Moments in Poop!
10 GREAT MOMENTS IN POOP!
1) Elephants are super duper poopers! One elephant can poop up to 80 lbs of waste a day! Wowzers!
2) Caterpillars throw poop to ward of predators! Yuck!
3) Poop makes great fertilizer! People have used it for thousands of years to help them grow their crops!
4) Sloths only poop once a week! What????
5) Poop trivia steals the show!
6) Tree seeds are dispersed through animal poop!
7) Poop is a great way to mark your territory!
8) Scientist use poop to learn about animal’s lives!
9) Yes Edmond, there is fossilized dinosaur poop!
10) You can make paper out of poop! Who knew?
We’ve just hit the highlights of this fun and sometimes gross exhibit! There is so much more to see and do! You can meet live animals during encounters; pretend you’re a dung beetle and learn how to track scat (that’s another word for poop). If you ask us, learning about poop is a great way to spend a day!
Fernbank is also starting their 97 days of play this weekend! They have all kinds of fun stuff planned throughout the summer including Reptile Day (a personal favorite of ours), Claws and Paws Weekend and the Scoop on Dinosaurs event! Check out their website for all the fantastic details!