Endangered Species Week- Craft Day
We’re making a manatee bookmark today. These amazing marine mammals are listed as vulnerable and there is much that we can do to help them; like making sure their ocean and river habitats are free of trash. Also making sure if you are boating in their habitat you go slow as not to hurt them. Lastly, help reduce the pollution that goes in our waterways, by using natural cleaning products. Let’s get started on this adorable bookmark that will remind you how neat manatees are!
- A popsicle stick
- Gray Felt
- Hot glue (to be used by an adult)
- Black marker and blue marker
- Print pattern (below) and trace on the felt. You’ll need two manatees.
- Cut out your manatees.
- Color your popsicle stick with the blue marker.
- Place one manatee down, then the popsicle stick, then the other manatee on top- glue this together.
- Add face details to your manatee.