We thought we would visit some ape friends for ApeRil! Professor Tamandua talked about brachiation the other day and we’ve met an arboreal ape who knows how to swing in the trees!
Diet: Frugivore: fruits
Length/Weight: 4-5 ft/ 70-180 lbs
Conservation Status: endangered
- Orangutans are the largest fruit eating ape on earth.
- They are arboreal.
- There are two species of orangutans- Bornean and Sumantran, both of which are found in Indonesia.
- Orangutans are excellent climbers.
- Orangutans are intelligent.
- Offspring stay with their mothers for around 8 years.
- Orangutans are generally solitary.
- Both species are critically endangered- mainly due to habitat loss.
- Orangutans can live up to 50 years.
- Orangutans have long arms- up to 8 feet in males.
Answer is : True!
Of course orange rocks! Just ask Moe, Milo and Otis!! Mocha saw some other cousins in this post. He says hi.