INTERNATIONAL RED PANDA DAY!!!
Who loves Red Pandas? We love Red Pandas! And today on International Red Panda Day we’re celebrating the original panda! That’s right folks, red pandas were discovered and named panda before the Giant Panda was discovered!
- Red pandas are classified in their own families, but are related to raccoons.
- They are nocturnal.
- They live in mountainous forests in parts of Southeast Asia.
- Red pandas are arboreal.
- They are solitary.
- Red pandas are also called The Fire Fox or the Red Cat Bear.
- Red pandas eat bamboo, grass, fruit and eggs.
- They have very thick fur and very bushy tails to keep them warm.
- Red pandas have a psuedo thumb that helps them grasp bamboo.
These adorable little red pandas are endangered, mainly due to habitat loss. There is a great organization working very hard to protect our favorite red pals! The Red Panda Network celebrates Red Panda Day, conserves forests and educates people about the fire fox!