Desert Down Under
We have backed our bags again and headed off to the great island nation of Australia! It is a long way from HQs. We unpacked at camp just at the edge of the Great Victorian Desert. After getting over our jet lag. We set out to learn more about this vast and interesting habitat!
Great Victorian Desert Fun Facts:
- It is the largest desert in Australia. It’s about 135,000 square miles.
- It is located in the Southwest of Australia.
- Temps can range from 104 degree Fahrenheit in summer to 64 in the winter.
- The Mamungari Conservation Park lies within the Great Victorian Desert.
- Only very hard plants survive in the desert, but there is a great variety of plants.
- There is quiet a variety of animals in the desert that are adapted to live in the harsh environment!
We are super excited to meet some of the inhabitants of this great desert! We’ll be meeting an interesting lizard tomorrow! See you then!
Love your hats. Can’t wait for your adventures.