Give That Frog a Glass of Water
We had no internet yesterday! Darn-it! Well we spent that extra time looking for an unusual amphibian who calls the desert home! The water holding frog is soooo cool!
Location: Great Victorian Desert
Water Holding Frog Fun Facts:
- They have webbed toes.
- Water holding frogs live underground.
- When they bury themselves, they cocoon themselves in a mucus to protect themselves.
- Water holding frogs eat that mucus when they emerge from their dormant state.
- Water holding frogs can hold water in their bladder and send it back to their mouths to drink. They can also store in pockets under their skin!
- They come out of their sandy burrows to mate during rainy season.
Woohoo! Animals have the neatest adaptation ever! Even if they seem kind of gross! Hehehehe!