Well it doesn’t get much cuter than today’s animal! These tiny marsupials look like rodents, but they are not!
Date : 4/5
Location: Great Victorian Desert
Sandhill Dunnart Fun Facts:
- They are one of the largest members of the Dunnart family.
- Sandhill dunnart have stiff black hairs on the underside of the tail.
- These little marsupials are carnivores!
- Their tails are longer then their bodies.
- They live in burrows under the spinifex hummocks shrubs.
- Sandhill dunnarts store fat in their tails.
These little marsupials are threatened unfortunately. There are efforts in Australian zoos to increase their numbers! Woohoo!