Happy Monday and we are so excited for you to meet the animal we spotted this weekend. They have some fantastic antlers! Are you ready to meet the kudu?
Greater Kudu Fun Facts:
- Greater Kudu can grow up to 96 inches long and weigh up to 700 pounds.
- Only the males have those impressive spiral horns.
- Those horns can grow up to 3 feet long!
- They have a crest of fur that runs down their back.
- They live in family groups that consist of females and their offspring. The males are solitary or live in small bachelor groups.
- These herbivores eat vegetation, fruit and grasses.
- Greater kudu are listed as Least Concern by the IUCN.
It was fun to spot some males with their spectacular antlers! Can you imagine having those attached to your head all the time?
What is the usual purpose of horns, especially such fancy ones as these?