Playing the Fiddle with a Crab
We met a funny creature while looking for shells on the beach. We met the fiddler crab. And disappointling he was not playing a fiddle. They are cool either way!
Fiddler Crab Fun Facts:
- These little crabs are related to ghost crabs.
- Fiddler crabs change color, the are darker in the day and lighter at night.
- Male fiddler crabs have one large claw.
- They use that large claw to communicate with other crabs. They also use it for mating rituals.
- They molt their exoskeleton when they grow. If they lose a limb, it will regrow during the molt.
- They eat decomposing animal and plant matter.
We love meeting new friends. These funny little crabs with their one large claw crack us up. They look like they are waving. Now if they could only really play the fiddle.
It’s like a special kind of vogue.