One Big Sea Snail
We were searching the beach for shells when we came across an abandoned shell that belongs to one big sea snail. We wanted to know more about the animal that uses this shell- so here we are to learn more about the knobbed welk.
Knobbed Welk Fun Facts:
- Knobbed welks can grow up to 12 inches long.
- Knobbed welks are right sided. When you find them the openings will always be on the right.
- They have 6 vertical coils.
- They live in shallow and deep water depending on the time of year.
- These carnivores eat oysters and clams. They use their shells to open their prey using their shell. They have a long probiscus they use to eat the flesh with.
When you find abandoned sea shells on the beach, do you wonder what kind of animal lived in it? We love to go back with the shells and ID them.
So something lives in these shells? Why do they abandon them? or where do the inhabitants go?