Halloween Week- Vampires
We are continuing the Halloween fun with some vampires of the ocean! That’s right- vampire squid!
Vampire Squid Fun Facts:
- Vampire squid are black to red color.
- They have skin that connects its eight arms.
- Each arm has spines on it.
- They eat marine animal debris that falls to the ocean floor.
- Adults have two small fins on their mantle (head).
- They are covered in light producing organs called photophores.
- They are unable to change their skin color and texture like other squid.
Vampire squid are so amazing and weird! They call the dark deep ocean their home and it sure is a weird place!
Categories: adventure, Animals, Children, conservation, education, Environment, nature, oceans, science, Today's Post, wildlife
Tags: A, animals, children, conse, education blog, environment, nature, oceans, science, wildlife
SUPER SURPRISE THURSDAY # 65
It’s time to guess the animal! Read the clues, check out the picture and tell us your answer in the comments below!
- I am the largest lizard on earth.
- I live on an island that I share my name with.
- My bite is known to be quite toxic.
WHO AM I?
Categories: adventure, Animals, Children, conservation, education, Environment, lizards, nature, reptiles, science, wildlife
Tags: A, adventure, animals, children, conservation, education, environment, nature, reptiles, science, wildlife