REALLY SCARY REPTILIAN TUESDAY!
We’re staying in the grasslands of Africa on this Really Scary Reptilian Tuesday to meet one of the most deadly snakes in the world. We’ll be looking for this reptile from the safari truck so everyone stays safe! Are you ready?
MEET THE BLACK MAMBA!
Diet: Carnivore: birds, small mammals
Length: 8 ¼-11 ft
Conservation Status: common
- Black Mambas are very fast, they can reach speeds of 12 ½ mph.
- Black mambas are extremely venomous.
- They are a brown/gray color. They get their name from the color of the inside of their mouths.
- Black mambas are very territorial.
- They are diurnal (active during the day).
- Black mambas can be fatal to humans.
Black mambas are very dangerous and should be watched from a distance for sure! These fast snakes are definitely best left alone!