FEATHERY FRIDAY #54
It’s that special day of the week dedicated to our feathery friends! So are you ready to head to Central America to meet a duck who doesn’t quack? Let’s head out on today’s adventure!
MEET THE MUSCOVY DUCK!
Diet: Omnivore: roots, leaves, fish, insects
Length/Weight: 26-33”/ 7-15 lbs
Conservation Status: common
- Muscovy Ducks have wild and domesticated populations.
- They are not very vocal and only make a few noises, including hisses!
- Muscovy ducks have black and white feathers.
- They have wide flat tails.
- Muscovy ducks perch in trees.
- Muscovy ducks have claws on their feet.
Muscovy ducks are super cute! Who knew there were ducks out there that didn’t quack! Neat! Hiss! Hiss!