MAMMAL MONDAY # 65
We’re going exploring in the woods just down the road today to meet today’s animal. They can be quiet shy and elusive, but are found all over the world! We bet loads of you have even met this mammal! Are you ready for today’s adventure?
MEET THE RED FOX!
grasslands, mountains, suburbs
Diet: Omnivore: rodents, vegetation, birds
Length/Weight: 18-33”/ 6.5-24 lbs
Conservation Status: common
- Red foxes are intelligent.
- They are solitary.
- Red foxes have thick tails to keep them warm in winter and to help them communicate with other foxes.
- Red fox babies are gray or brown when they are born.
- They often mark their territory.
- Both red fox parents help rear the kits.
We love when we find a red fox in our neighborhood! They are fast and smart! They often get a bad rap, which confuzzles this elephant and horse!