WATERY WEDNESDAY # 67
We’re taking the E &E boat to New Zealand today to meet a fast and fabulous mammal on the Watery Wednesday! So practice your bad accent and let’s get moving on today’s adventure!
MEET THE HECTOR’S DOLPHIN!
Diet: Carnivore: fish, squid
Length/Weight: 4-5 ft/ up to 125 lbs
Conservation Status: endangered
- Hector’s Dolphins are one of the smallest dolphins on earth.
- They live in small schools.
- Hector’s dolphins are grey with black fins, tails and flippers.
- Hector’s dolphins are very social.
- They have short beaks.
- Hector’s dolphins are the only dolphin native to New Zealand.
Hector’s dolphins are gorgeous! The look like small orcas to us! What do you think?