WATERY WEDNESDAY # 80
We’re putting on our scuba gear and we’re going diving in shallow water to find a really wild looking fish! He’s a member of the shark and ray family! Grab your flippers and let’s goooooooo!
MEET THE SHOVELNOSE GUITARFISH!
Diet: Carnivore: fish, crustaceans, worms
Length/Weight: up to 5 ft/ 33-40 lb
Conservation Status: common
- Shovelnose Guitarfish have a shovel shaped snout.
- They have flat, rounded pectoral fins.
- Shovelnose guitarfish bury themselves in the sand.
- Shovelnose guitarfish are usually found in shallow waters.
- They use their flat snouts to find prey buried in the sand.
These shovelnose guitarfish are super duper! They are so cool looking! We love our cartilaginous pals!