GREATEST HITS- SUPER SURPRISE THURSDAY
We’re going to the rainforests of South America today to meet one gorgeous and colorful bird! We’ll have to climb to the top to find them! Are you ready?
MEET THE CHESTNUT-EARED ARACARI!
Range/Habitat: Central- Northern South America/ rainforests
Diet: Frugivore: fruit, insects
Length/Weight: 13-16”/ 11 oz
Conservation Status: common
- Chestnut-eared aracari have black feathers with yellow bellies.
- They live in the canopies of the rainforest.
- Chestnut-eared aracari have large bills with yellow teeth like looking markings.
- They are members of the toucan family.
- Chestnut-eared aracari live in small groups.
We just love these gorgeous birds! Those beaks are just perfect for picking fruit from the trees! What do you think?
Are those related to toucans? I recently saw a show where they talked about how versatile and tough toucan beaks are.