CREEPY ANIMAL WEEK- DAY 3
We’ve exploring in the dark to find today’s creepy flying mammal! That’s right we’re off to find a bat! Can you guess which one?
MEET THE MAURITIAN TOMB BAT!
Range/Habitat: Central- South Africa/ scrub-savannas
Diet: Insectivore: insects
Length/Weight: 2 ¾-3 ½”/ 1 1/16 oz
Conservation Status: common
- Mauritian Tomb Bats make a variety of vocalizations (not all audible are to humans).
- They use echolocation to find prey.
- Mauritian Tomb Bats roosts in trees and buildings.
- They roost in small groups instead of large colonies.
- Mauritian Tomb Bats have good eyesight.
- They are nocturnal (active at night).
Mauritian Tomb Bats are really cool. Well, all bats are really cool if you ask us. Most bats eat insects, some eat fruit and yes there are a few who drink blood! Wow! What’s your favorite thing about bats?
I like bats because they are furry like me.
Love and licks,