Well, Edmond had an encounter with a certain cute but very stinky animal while walking back to his cabin last night! Ugh! He is almost unbearable to be around! Time to pour more tomato juice on him! That’s right- Edmond stumbled on the path of a skunk!
We all think of the stink when we think of skunks, but these masters of stench are pretty interesting animals. Despite Edmond’s encounter, he still thinks they are cute! Come learn some facts about our stinky little friends!
Skunk fun facts:
- Skunks can spray up to 10 feet away.
- They spray from two oils under the base of their tail.
- Most predators stay away from skunks, except Great Horned Owls who have no sense of smell.
- All skunks are black and white, but they come in a variety of patterns; including stripes, spots and swirls.
- Skunks live in North and South America.
- They are omnivores; they’ll eat plants, eggs, fish and insects.
- They are nocturnal.
- Skunk fossils have been found that are 10 million years old.
- Skunks will try and warn predators with a stance and hissing before they spray.