FUN WITH FROGS-SPRING PEEPERS!
April is frog month! Woohoo! This week we’re meeting three frogs and then we’re rounding out the week with a great Earth Day celebration!
Today we’re meeting Penny the Peeper!
- My calls usher in spring across the Eastern United States.
- I am a member of a group of frogs known as chorus frogs.
- I have pads on my toes that help me grip to surfaces.
- Those pads help make me an excellent climber!
- Like all frogs, I am a carnivore.
- I like to winter in Florida, hahaha! Just kidding, I hide under piles of leaves and logs.
- In the winter, I allow my body to freeze! Yep, bet you can’t do that!
- I have a lovely X shaped pattern on my back.
- You can hear our lovely chorus here!
I am one shy frog and you won’t see me out during the day! But if you’re sitting outside listen for us and our lovely songs of spring!
“In the winter, I allow my body to freeze! Yep, bet you can’t do that!” Well I can certainly FEEL like I am freezing but otherwise no I can not do this 🙂