Don’t Let Them Get the Squeeze on You!
Location: Amazon River
- Green anacondas are members of the boa constrictor family.
- They love swamps and marshes and spend most of their time in the water. They are very slow on land due to heavy bodies.
- They can swallow their prey whole, due to flexible ligaments in their jaws.
- They can go weeks without eating.
- Females incubate eggs inside and then give birth to live young.
- Babies are almost 2 feet long when born and can take care of themselves.
- Females can be 5x as big as the males.
- They are nocturnal.
- Their scientific name means “good swimmer” in Greek.
We barely spotted this anaconda- hehehe- we rhymed! They are nocturnal and we were out during the day on our boat trip! We just caught a glimpse of its nostrils! These giants are amazing creatures, but we’ll stay away if they ask for a hug!