A Large Island Off The Coast Of Africa
We’re back from our vacation and we’re packed up and heading to the large island nation off the east coast of Africa- Madagascar. We are so excited to explore this neat island!
We have some fun facts about Madagascar for you!
- Madagascar is the only home to lemurs. In fact 70% of the wildlife species in Madagascar are only found there.
- It is the fourth largest island on earth.
- Two-thirds of all the chameleon species on earth call Madagascar home.
- The island is one of the biggest producers of vanilla.
- It has everything from mountains to coasts.
- Madagascar split from the Indian sub-continent around 88 million years ago.
- There are two official languages in Madagascar- French & Malagasy.
We can hardly wait to explore the habitats of this large island. We plan to meet the island’s most famous residents- the lemur; along with reptiles and other interesting characters like the fossa! We’ll see you tomorrow with our newest animal friend!