We are back on the boat and we’re spending this week snorkeling and diving so we can meet some of the most amazing animals of the reef! It’s hard to chose who we should share with you guys even! The shrimp we saw today was so fantastic though- we knew you had to meet them!
Location: Raja Ampat Islands
Harlequin Shrimp Fun Facts:
- Harlequin shrimp live in pairs.
- They have two large claws and four walking legs.
- Females are slightly larger than males.
- Harlequin shrimp are secretive.
- They flip over their sea star prey and eat the tube feet!
- Harlequin shrimp are toxic from the sea stars they eat.
We were so excited to spot these tiny little shrimp. They are so colorful and amazing. We do recommend that is you are a sea star- you stay away.