It’s a Garden of Eels!
We have one more animal to meet and another day of diving! We are so excited to meet these little fish who bury themselves in the sand.
Spotted Garden Eel Fun Facts:
- They are around 40 cm long- about the size of two pencils.
- Spotted garden eels have gills and tiny pectoral fins.
- They dig a burrow where most of there body is protected.
- You will find them living in small to large colonies.
- They grab tiny plankton as it drifts by.
- Spotted garden eels rarely leave their burrow.
- Spotted garden eels have excellent eye sight.
Whew! We are so tired after 3 days of diving with our campers! We know you guys must be tired too! Tomorrow we head back to base camp and it will be time for crafts! Woohoo!
Why would they need excellent eyesight?