We went looking for one neat little frog on our last day here in Costa Rica. Costa Rica has sooooo many amphibians! We found one of the famous poison dart frogs- the Strawberry flavored one- hahaha!
Strawberry Poison Dart Frog:
- These little frogs have warning coloration. Their colors vary on where they live.
- They eat ants and termites give them their toxicity.
- Strawberry dart frogs only grow up to around 3/4 of inch to an inch.
- They are diurnal and tetestrial.
- They are very territorial.
- Strawberry poison dart frogs are listed as Least Concern by the IUCN.
We loved spotting these little frogs. They are definitely a look but don’t touch species.