Did you guess where this month’s adventure is? We’re in Brazil in the Pantanal region! This amazing habitat is rich with plants and animals and we’re so excited to see as much as possible! Come learn more about the Pantanal today with us!
Pantanal Fun Facts:
- The Pantanal is mostly wetlands. Those wetlands are submerged in water during the rainy season.
- The average temperate is 77 degrees Fahrenheit (25 C).
- Many of the species are aquatic.
- The word Pantanal comes from the Portogese word pantano that means wetland.
- The average rainfall in this area is 40-55 inches.
- There are about 3,500 plant species in this habitat.
- This wetland is also home to almost 700 species of birds!
This amazing habitat is very special. Unfornately on 2% of it is under protection. We will meet several animals that are endangered because of habitat loss. We hope you are ready to meet them with us!