We are meeting a little bird of the Pantanal today! Come join us!
Chestnut-bellied guan fun facts:
- These birds prefer higher ground.
- They resemble turkeys, but are not.
- They have chestnut brown bellies and red waddles.
- They have a rough crow like call.
- They are about 21 inches long.
- They are listed as vulnerable by the IUCN.
These funny looking birds remind of us of a turkey and a roadrunner. They are super cool!
I was going to say it reminded me of a turkey from just seeing the photo. Never heard of this one.