Hellooooo!! We’ve made it to the lovely islands of Hawaii! Now while it would be fun to sit on the beach drinking straight from a coconut, this horse and elephant have animals to meet and habitats to explore! Let’s get started by learning more about this amazing place!
Hawaii Fun Facts:
- Hawaii is the world’s longest archipelago (a group of islands). It has 132 islands. Eight of those make up the main inhabitated islands.
- The Big Island has the most land space.
- Hawaii has many awesome features, including the world’s most active volcano. Kilauea (the volcano’s name) is on the big island. It has been spewing lava for the last 30 years.
- Mauna Kea is a dormant volcano on the Big Island. It is twice the size of Mt Everest! Most of it is underwater though. This volcano is often seen with snow on it during the winter.
- Humpback whales, green sea turtles and hawksbill turtles all come to Hawaii to give birth or lay their eggs.
- Hawaii has tropical wet (rain) and tropical dry forests!
- The coral reefs of Hawaii are some of the most diverse in the world.