Off to South Africa
Did you guess where are our next adventure will be? If you guessed South Africa- you are correct! Yay! We are off to meet some of the iconic animals of this beautiful country, but first let’s learn more about South Africa today!
South Africa Fun Facts:
- Table Mountain in Cape Town in one of the oldest mountains in the world.
- The waters off the coast of South Africa can be quiet dangerous. It is believed that 2,000 shipwreck are in the waters there.
- South Africa is the 2nd largest producer of fruits in the nation.
- The largest land mammal, the elephant calls South Africa home, as does the smallest mammal in the world- the least dwarf shrew.
- Around 900 species of birds call South Africa home.
- South Africa is home to Kruger National Park. The park is a huge! It is nearly 500,000 acres.
- Kruger is home to cheetah, elephants, springbok, rhinos, zebra, giraffe and many other species.
- Kruger was established in 1898.
Kruger is where we will be setting up our base camp for most of this trip! We are so excited to see of the animals of this amazing spot- especially Ellie’s relatives.
I knew it was South Africa!!!
I love this fact: “The largest land mammal, the elephant calls South Africa home, as does the smallest mammal in the world- the least dwarf shrew.”