EARTH DAY 2016!!
We’re celebrating Earth Day this year by having each professor share some great facts about the earth and inhabitants! Woohoo!
WOW! Professor Rita the Rat, our professor of Geography & culture sure knows her stuff! Let’s see what the head of each animal department has to share!
We can all do our part to protect the one home we all share! Take the Ellie and Edmond pledge and help us care for this great big planet! Copy, paste and print out and sign! If you show us a picture, we’ll send you a button or stickers or bookmarks- your choice!
I ________ promise to take the Ellie & Edmond Earth Day pledge and follow the principals below.
1) I will respect the earth and all of its inhabitants- even the insects.
2) I will recycle all the materials I possibly can.
3) I will use reusable bags when I shop.
4) I will turn off the water while I brush my teeth.
5) I will turn off the lights when I am not in the room or at home.
6) I will be use a reusable water bottle instead of plastic ones.
7) I will donate or recycle my old cell phones.
8) I will unplug my computer & appliances when not in use.
9) I will eat sustainable seafood.
10) I will share my love of the earth & the animals with others.
Categories: adventure, Animals, Children, conservation, earth day, education, Environment, nature, science, wildlife
Tags: adventure, animals, children, conservation, earth day, education, environment, nature, science, wildlife
EARTH DAY 2015!
We’re hear to protect you earth!
Thanks Samantha Dellinger for the great art!
We’re having a party for our planet today! This great big blue planet has so many amazing places and animals that we love! We work everyday to share those animals with you and share ways that we can all contribute to making the planet a better place for all animals and people!
Visit your local zoo or aquarium and learn about their conservation programs!
Turn off all power strips when not in use!
Unplug appliances when not in use!
Use vinegar and water as a cleaner!
Turn off the water when brushing your tusks!
Turn off lights when you leave a room!
Ride your bike to work!
Recycle! Recycle plastic, glass, aluminum and paper! Take electronics to a special recycling drop-offs!
Bring your own reusable bags to the store!
Categories: adventure, Animals, Children, conservation, education, Environment, nature, science, wildlife
Tags: adventure, animals, birds, children, conservation, earth day, education, environment, nature, science, wildlife
We celebrated Earth Day this year by helping with a trail clean up at our local natural history museum, Fernbank Museum of Natural History. We had a great time, pulled weeds and replanted some local plants that grow fruit that deer and racoons eat!
We didn’t see the beavers :(….
Beaver retention pond
Part of the trail we worked on!
Plants we transplanted!
Here we are at the registration table!
We also made a coloring sheet to celebrate Earth Day! We would love to see your artwork and tell us how you’ll be celebrating this fabulous holiday! We’ll be playing our Backyard Bingo Game (included below with coloring sheet!)
Categories: adventure, Animals, backyard, Children, conservation, crafts, earth day, education, Environment, nature, science, wildlife
Tags: adventure, animals, backyard, children, conservation, crafts, earth day, education, environment, nature, science, wildlife
EARTH DAY 2012!
Today we’re celebrating the Earth, our home and without it we would be lost! Today is a day to celebrate our precious earth and all the resources it provides us, like air, water, food and shelter! We all need to work to protect those special resources! We’ve come up with some fun activities and ideas to help you celebrate!
- Take a Hike! Get out and enjoy nature, bring a camera and watch for animals 🙂!
- Visit your local zoo or aquarium and join in on their activities!
- Play our Backyard Bingo Game!
- Make a recycled craft like this crocodile, angelfish, or milk jug bird feeder!
- Start a garden in your backyard.
- Recycle at home.
- Switch out household cleaners for vinegar based ones!
- Play one of our Earth Day Word Searches! One for kids and one for adults!
- Go bird watching.
- Draw your favorite animal!
- Make Dirt! You need chocolate pudding, cool whip, and oreo cookies! Crush the cookies and stir in with the cool whip and pudding! Put in a cup and then top with more crushed cookies! Add gummy worms to your dirt!
Categories: Animals, Children, crafts, earth day, education, Environment, nature, science, wildlife
Tags: animals, children, crafts, earth day, education, environment, nature, science, wildlife