REPTILIAN TUESDAY #51
Who’s ready to go to the Mediterranean with us today to meet a handsome and sturdy reptile? We knew you guys would be up for another fantastic adventure, so let’s do this!
MEET THE HERMANN’S TORTOISE!
Diet: Omnivore: flowers, fruit, leaves, slugs
Conservation Status: near threatened
- Hermann’s Tortoise coloration varies by the area that they live in.
- They have a domed carapace (top shell).
- Hermann’s tortoises hide in dense vegetation.
- The male Hermann’s tortoises are smaller than the females.
- Hermann’s tortoises hibernate in colder areas of their range.
Hermann’s tortoises are so cute! We are such huge tortoise and turtle fans! They come with their own built in shell! What’s your favorite thing about them?