SAVE THE FROGS DAY!
We’re celebrating frogs today! We usually would share some fun frog facts with you, but we learned of this excellent frog the other day and decided to feature it on Save The Frogs Day! Come meet the frog that is often called the Jaba the Hut of frogs! Hahaha!
WAXY MONKEY FROG!
Range/Habitat: South America/dry scrub forests
Diet: Insectivore: insects
Length: 2-3 inches
Conservation Status: least concern
- Females are larger than males.
- They are also called the painted monkey frog or grasping frog.
- Waxy monkey frogs hunt at night and bask in the sun during the day.
- Waxy monkey frogs walk rather than jump in the trees where they live.
- They get their name from the waxy coating on their skin that help keeps them from drying out.
- Waxy tree frogs make a nest for their eggs with a leaf that they fold over.
We love these amazing an odd looking frogs! They are a great species to help us Save The Frogs Day! Amphibians have been on the earth for millions of years and many ecosystems would not survive without them! Our frog friends are very important! GOOOOO FROGS!!! Can you answer Ellie’s trivia question? (answer below)