Scorpions! Fish! Scorpionfish!
As we were diving – we met another inhabitant of the kelp forest, the California Scorpionfish. These menacing looking fish are not easy to spot because of their amazing camouflage ability.
Location: kelp forest
- Scorpionfish do not stay in the one territory and often travel around.
- They are a deep red or brown.
- They are also called the spotted scorpionfish.
- California scorpionfish have no swim bladder.
- Their venom effects heart rates and blood pressure.
We had a great time spotting these neat and dangerous fish! They may not be the cutest, but they sure are cool!
Their venom affects humans? Or just their prey, which I
Hope is not humans. Creepy animal and I’m a Scorpio. LOL