Is That a Cat?
We were so excited to meet today’s animal. We have seen this animal in zoos, but spotting this carnivore on Madagascar was a joy! We were jumping for joy- quietly of course!
Fossa Fun Facts:
- Fossas are solitary.
- Fossas are related to mongooses and civets.
- They are the largest predator on the island of Madagascar.
- Fossas are excellent climbers and spent a great deal of time in the trees.
- Fossas use scent glands to mark their territory.
- They have retractable claws.
- Fossas have lost much of their forest home.
It was great treat to spot this elusive and shy creature. They are gorgeous, stealthy and agile! Woohoo! We love fossas!