Don’t Buzz Off Buzzard!
After sleeping in after our last two night adventures, we got up and did a little bird watching! We were happy to find one of Madagascar’s raptors!
Madagascar Fun Facts:
- Madagascar buzzards are old world buzzards.
- They call many parts of the island home, including forests, open forest and rocky hillsides.
- Some lemurs have alarm calls for the buzzard, so some scientists think they may prey on them.
- Madagascar buzzards have broad wings for soaring.
- They have yellow eyes and talons.
- Madagascar buzzards chicks are born in September and October.
We had a lovely time watching a few of these buzzards soar in the skies. Raptors will never cease to amaze us!