Hello and greetings from Central America! We are settling in to our tree house that we are using for base camp. We’re going to learn more about this gorgeous little country today before we begin some of the awesome animals next week! Woohoo!
Costa Rica Fun Facts:
- Costa Rica is located in Central America. The capital is San Jose.
- Costa Rica’s marine areas are larger than its land area.
- There are 7 active volcanoes in the country. Poas volcano has the 2nd largest crater in the world.
- There are 52 species of hummingbirds in Costa Rica.
- 10% of the world’s butterflies call Costa Rica home. That is about 1,000 species.
- Costa Rica has a rainy season & a dry season. We are end of the rainy season.
- Costa Rica contains about 5% of the world’s biodiversity.
- It borders the Pacific ocean and the Caribbean ocean.
This is one super neat place full of amazing species! We can hardly wait to meet some of them! See you Monday!
“52 species of hummingbirds” I didn’t know there were that many!! Wow