Today we’re meeting an interesting mostly aquatic snake- called the ribbon snake. Any guess where they got their name from?
Ribbon Snake Fun Facts:
- Ribbon snakes call marshes, ponds and lakes home.
- They are excellent swimmers.
- They are related to garter snakes.
- These slender constrictors only eat ectothermic prey including frogs and fish.
- They use their site and hearing senses when hunting for prey.
- Ribbon snakes hibernate during the winter.
These neat little snakes have small heads and therefore eat smaller prey. Like all snakes they swallow them whole.