We saw of the most amazing fish on our night dive trip today! The one we are meeting toady was so crazy looking and a bit scary! You think sharks are scary? Wait to til you meet a venomous fish!
Location: Raja Ampat Islands
Blackfoot Firefish Fun Facts:
- Blackfoot firefish are members of the scorpionfish family. Other members include the famous lionfish.
- They use their flashy fins and spines to ward away predators.
- They also use those fins to corner prey.
- Blackfoot firefish are mostly nocturnal.
- They are know to bury themselves in the the sand to ambush predators.
- Their spines are venomous.
We were surprised to see one of these amazing fish! We have spotted lionfish before, but not this species! Believe us, this is one fish you want to spot from a good distance! And don’t touch those spines!