We had a blast snorkeling the next day after our night drive. We saw one of the coolest fish in all of the oceans- the barracuda! They even have their own song! We bet you don’t much about these long predators. Well it’s time to change that!
Location: Raja Ampat Islands
Barracuda Fun Facts:
- Barracuda have underbites- hehehe!
- They have large powerful jaws.
- They are known to hunt in groups and gather a school of fish in a area to guard them when they are hungry.
- Barracuda have a reputation for being aggressive to divers, but that reputation in unwarranted.
- It is not a good idea to go spear fishing around barracuda though, as they make away with your meal.
- They have few natural predators.
It is always fun to spot some barracuda! We like to wave and swim the in the other direction. They may not be aggressive, but those teeth don’t say let’s be friends.