It’s the last week of Camp of E&E! We’re going snorkeling all week to meet some colorful reef fish! So pack your bags, we’re loading up on the big boat! Today we’re meeting a tang fish!
POWDER BLUE TANG FUN FACTS:
- Powder blue tangs are members of the surgeonfish family.
- Powder blue tangs are gorgeous! These flat oval shaped fish have blue, black, white and yellow colors.
- They stay these colors their whole life.
- Like other surgeonfish- they have a spine at the base of their tail that they can use for defense.
- They are herbivores- eating algae off the reef.
- They are diurnal.
- Powder blue tangs are solitarily and territorial.
These are such gorgeous reef fish. Their relatives include the Royal Blue Tang (Dory from Finding Nemo) and yellow tangs who are popular in aquariums.