WHALE SHARK DAY!!
Today it International Whale Shark Day! So let’s celebrate these gentle giants of the oceans!
- Whale sharks are the largest fish in the oceans!
- They are sharks, with full cartilaginous skeletons!
- Whale sharks are filter feeders! They eat plankton that they filter out of the water.
- Whale sharks prefer temperate to tropical waters.
- Whale sharks are listed as vulnerable on the IUCN list.
- Whale sharks can live up to 70 years!
- Every whale shark has a unique spot pattern.
- Whale sharks are classified as carpet sharks, which include nurse sharks and our favorite the wobbegong!
Answer: A) 3 feet