We are so happy to finish our first week at Camp E&E at the Beach with more fun bird species! These little funny shore birds have an even funnier name- the red knot!
Red Knot Fun Facts:
- These gorgeous little birds have one of the longest migration routes on any bird. They travel from places like Alaska to Southern America.
- They are carnivores. They eat larva and Arthropoda.
- They grow up to 10 inches long.
- Red knots can double their weight before they migrate.
- One cool fact is like most migrating birds, they reduce the size of their digestive organs before they migrate.
- They are listed as Near Threatened by the IUCN.
We love these little birds. How cool is that they migrate soooooo far! That trip must be exhausting- hehehe!